We took the month of October to look after our mental and physical health. We kicked off the month by giving each and every Snowplower a Wellbeing day, which was a day off to do whatever they wanted.
Rebecca went for a dip in a lido, Hayley got to meet her friend’s baby, Miranda harvested the vegetables in her garden, Jordan and Nicki hung out at the British Museum and Miriam made us all very jealous on her trip to Corfu.
We started each week with wellbeing recommendations.
Week 1: Books
- Steve recommended The Daily Stoic
- Emily recommended Courage is Calling
- Tifani recommended Reasons to Stay Alive
Week 2: Apps
- Paul recommended Down Dog
- Lawrence recommended Yogiapproved
- Nicki recommended SleepJar
- Morgan recommended Bloom
- Matus recommended Pocket Yoga
- Miriam recommended ClassPass
Week 3: Podcasts
- Nicki recommended The Sanctus Podcast
- Tim recommended Killing It
Week 4: Recipes
- Isadora recommended Salmon tacos
- Nicki recommended Prawn & courgette linguine
- Morgan recommended Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Bake
- Miranda recommended Romanesco & chickpea korma
- Christine recommended Hemsley + Hemsley Supercharged Spinach Soup Recipe
With the help of Yeh Yoga, we hosted a handful of different wellbeing sessions, including: HIIT, meditation, various types of yoga and even a sound bath!
While all of this was going on, we also participated in a team fitness challenge where we all got together to see which team at Snowplow could walk, run, cycle and swim the furthest by the end of the month. We did have a few very competitive teams.
In KM, here are the results:
Tech Ops were the winners, travelling 1,174km between them. The Operations team were not too far behind, with 1,063km. The winners will all be receiving a voucher to put towards anything which will contribute to their mental or physical health. A new pair of trainers, protein shakes or even maybe a spa gift set.
Every Thursday was Thankful Thursday, where we’d start the day by sharing what we were most thankful for. Here were some of the things we were thankful for:
- Jordan was thankful for his 6 day holiday
- Hayley was thankful for blue skies
- Rahul was thankful that Australia was coming out of lockdown
- Miriam was thankful for her book
- Ben was thankful that he was able to move to Europe
Not only did the Wellbeing Month encourage us to look after ourselves, it also brought us together as a team. What’s one thing that you can introduce in your workplace to get everyone feeling just a little healthier, both physically and mentally?