Snowplow 0.8.2 released with Clojure Collector enhancements
We’re pleased to announce the immediate availability of Snowplow 0.8.2. This release updates the Clojure Collector only; if you are using the CloudFront Collector, then no upgrade to 0.8.2 is necessary.
Many thanks to community member Mark H. Butler for his major contributions to this release – much appreciated Mark!
This release bumps the Clojure Collector to version 0.4.0. There are three main changes to the Collector:
- Building the Collector’s warfile is now much simpler, thanks to a new
lein awscommand contributed by Mark
- We have fixed a bug (#220) where occasionally the Collector’s event logging would log
""(empty string) rather than
"-"for a missing referer. While rare, when this occurred this would cause the Snowplow ETL process to break (requiring manual editing of the offending log file)
- Some code tidy-up, including making the Clojure Collector work with newer versions of Leiningen
To upgrade to this release:
- Download the new warfile by right-clicking on this link and selecting “Save As…”
- Log in to your Amazon Elastic Beanstalk console
- Browse to your Collector’s application
- Click the “Upload New Version” and upload your warfile
And that should be it. Thanks again to Mark for his contribution to this release – and we’re excited to have some further community contributions coming very soon to Snowplow, so watch this space!