Announcing our winter open source internship program
Applications for the new Snowplow Analytics open source internship program are now open! At Snowplow we are passionate about enterprise-strength open-source technology, and we are hugely excited to be offering paid internships for open source hackers this winter.
Snowplow Analytics is looking for one or two open source interns this winter (December through February), for 3-6 week paid internships. Our “winterns” will work directly on and contribute to data engineering projects within the Snowplow open source stack. We have lots of ideas for cool projects to do around Snowplow – and if you have any suggestions of your own, we would love to hear them!
We won’t filter based on your life stage, professional qualifications or (prior) employment status – you just have to be available to work full time (Monday-Friday, 8 hours a day) for between 3 and 6 weeks this winter. We will consider candidates who can work from our London office, and additionally remote candidates who are UTC +/- 5 hours maximum. We need to restrict the timezones like this to maintain some quality shared office hours between our interns and the London office – we’ll be seeing you on HipChat!
These are paid internships – pay is negotiable and will be based on location and travel costs.
Interested? Please email [email protected], and tell us about a piece of software you are proud to have written. Here are some do’s for your application:
- Do tell us a little bit about yourself – what you are passionate about, what you are looking for in an internship
- Do share any public profiles or contributions you have on open-source, libre or community projects
- Do share links to publically available code written by you (perhaps something on GitHub or Bitbucket?)
- Do suggest specific projects/initiatives/features that you would like to work on in your internship (it’s okay if you don’t know!)
- Please don’t share any proprietary or commercial software with us
- Please don’t attach any code to your email (but it’s okay to tell us about code that you could share later on)
And that’s it! We look forward to receiving your applications to [email protected], and we guarantee that everybody who applies will get a personal response from the founders.
And finally, if you’re interested in what we’re doing at Snowplow but interning this winter isn’t for you, do set your diary to check back with us in March 2014, when we should be announcing our summer internship program.